Performance information for better development
The primary focus of the Laos-Australia Development Learning Facility (LADLF) is to generate information to support decision making.
LADLF supports the Australian Government aid program in Laos including producing performance information at the sectoral and program level, conducting evaluative studies and quality assurance. Findings and results are also disseminated to key stakeholders and policy makers in Lao PDR.
Core functions of LADLF are to:
- Support high-quality performance assessment through portfolio monitoring, thematic and strategic evaluations across the Australian Aid Program in Laos;
- Improve aid effectiveness among targeted Australian investments in Lao PDR;
- Commission targeted evaluation studies on important issues related to the objectives of the Australian Aid Program in Laos;
- Synthesise and communicate key evaluation study findings to targeted stakeholders and policy-makers in Lao PDR;
- Provide technical advice, analytical assistance and a sound evidence base to support Australian policy dialogue with agencies of the Government of Lao PDR and the private sector.
The Learning Facility supports the Australian Government’s aid program in Lao PDR across all areas but with a particular focus on education and skills, trade and private sector development and rural development.
In the area of education and skills, LADLF supports the Basic Education for Quality and Access for All (BEQUAL) program conducting portfolio monitoring, evaluative studies and quality assurance. Partners include the Government of LAO PDR, Coffey International, UNICEF and WFP.
To support trade and private sector development, LADLF assists DFAT in its contribution to a World Bank led multi donor Trade Development Facility II with evaluative studies.
LADLF supports the work of the Australian Government in rural livelihoods in Lao PDR through portfolio monitoring and evaluative studies. The rural livelihoods program includes the following projects: